A ceremony was held to celebrate the grand opening of the newly extended T.N. Crosby Chemist on 15 August 2023. Attended by Councillor Stuart Marshall, Ward of Hawick & Denholm, who had the honour of cutting the ribbon with the owners, team, ex-employees, the Hawick Paper and Aitken & Turnbull Architects.
Established in Hawick in 1951 by pharmacist Tom Crosby, T.N. Crosby Chemists remains the only independent, locally owned and family run community pharmacy in Hawick. Today, it is still run by the second and third generation of the same family, community pharmacists Anne and Richard Mackie.