Do you have excellent client liaison skills and proactive people management skills? Extensive understanding of the construction industry?
Established in 1968, you’ll be joining a company with proven success, clear goals, and a strong commitment to finding the best person for the job! As the successful Commercial Manager, you will be responsible managing the commercial team to maximise company profits and minimise commercial risks from impacting the business.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
Leadership, Management and Accountabilities:
- Give clear direction on company’s core values and focusing vision
- Provide adequate resource, time, and attention
- Set expectations and communication clearly
- Keep the circles connected through expectations, meetings, and conversations
- Continually improve the team through recognition of positive behaviour and improving negative behaviour
- Achieve 1-team ethos of Cubby Construction Limited.
- Oversea the commercial team
- Manage monthly Cost Value Reconciliations for all projects.
- Ensure quantity surveyors prepare, submit and agree applications for payment in accordance with the contract.
- Ensure quantity surveyors submit and agree variations as the works progress in accordance with the contract.
Risk & Opportunity Management:
- Provide advice to quantity surveyor and site teams to mitigate risks and maximise opportunities to ensure the best possible profit margins are realised.
- Liaise with Senior Leadership Team to advise of project performance and identify areas of success and / or improvement
- Prepare & monitor turnover and cashflow forecasts to support the Financial Team.
Supply Chain Management:
- Engage with the supply chain to ensure strong working relationships
- Develop commercial strategy with site team to ensure procurement and management of suitably experienced subcontractors
- Oversea the management of subcontract accounts, applications and payments fairly and in accordance with the subcontract.
- Oversea and support the administration of all commercial aspects of the projects in accordance with the contract conditions
- Maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders of the projects
- Attend site meetings where required to influence positive outcomes
- Mentor, guide and supervise junior commercial staff.
Anticipated/ Aspirational Qualifications/Experience/Technical knowledge:
- Previous experience in the construction industry preferably with a Contractor
- HND/degree (or equivalent) or time spent in Commercial Management
- Familiarity with different forms of contract and knowledge and understanding of Construction Law
- Previous experience in commercial management and procurement of subcontractors, including chairing regular meetings, measurement and control cycle, certificates, and accruals calculations
- Ability to demonstrate a good knowledge of monthly reporting and earned value analysis
- Have knowledge and experience in estimation and cost analysis
- Excellent communication, numeric and computer literacy skills, proficient in Microsoft Office and industry standard cost management and reporting software
- Excellent organisation and time management skills, with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in a team and delegate, but also able to work on own initiative
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Awareness of relevant health, safety, and environmental legislation
- Member of RICS or other relevant professional body, or working towards
- CSCS card.
Can you embrace our core values?
- Together…. we can do more.
- Rise to the challenge.
- Be accountable.
- Do the right thing.
We offer a dynamic and supportive working environment with opportunities for continued professional development. Excellent benefits include: Competitive salary; 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays; 4% employer pension contribution; BUPA Cash Plan; Life assurance cover.
We would love to hear from you! Apply now, using the application form below or email your CV, along with a covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications. The remuneration package will be negotiable, depending on experience. Cubby Construction Ltd is an equal opportunities employer, so we welcome applications from any suitably qualified individual.