Business Administration Apprentice
Are you an enthusiastic team player? Do you want a career with full training, support and development? Do you want to join a growing business that invests in its people?
Based in our Carlisle head office, you will be joining our administration team to add support across all areas of the company. You will be provided with extensive on the job training and will be fully supported as you study for your NVQ qualification.
- Earn a competitive salary while your training is paid for
- Further opportunity for apprentices to continue into employment after their apprenticeship
- Increase your earning potential
- Develop the skills to move your career forward
- Conduct internal stock control
- Liaise with sites for the booking and allocation of materials
- Maintain good house keeping of the stores and yard
- Process the booking of materials in and out of the stores department
- Assist with general office administration across Cubby Construction including holiday cover for other Admin team members
- Responsible for the preparation of building manuals
- Distribute drawings to site and update drawing registers
- Cover the booking of accommodation for staff as required
- Provide Project Administration support
- Provide cover and support to Reception
You’ll gain hands on experience on a range of live sites, with mentoring from trade professionals and support from across the whole business.
This is a full-time position, with day release to your chosen learning provider for example Carlisle College. Helping you work towards gaining your nationally recognised qualification.
We provide you with technical expertise, professional skills, and ongoing support to be the best that you can be!
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Take pride in the work that you do.
- IT Competency and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Organised, methodical with excellent attention to detail.
- Good Communication, interpersonal skills, and telephone manner.
Established in 1968, Cubby Construction is a family run, award-winning company that after decades of operation, has become a leading name. Specialising in construction, civil engineering, joinery manufacture and home building, Cubby is financially secure with a wide variety of public, private and third sector client.
Our track record for delivering on time and to budget, safely and reliably, embrace to projects others shy away from has meant repeat business from our clients.
CAN YOU EMBRACE OUR CORE VALUES TO;
RISE TO THE CHALLENGE.
- Exceed both our and customer expectations.
- Continued improvement making weakness into strength.
- Innovative use of new and old to give robust solutions.
DO THE RIGHT THING.
- In all things be safe.
- Act with respect and integrity.
- Fight hard but fair for the greater good.
- Own your choices and actions.
- Deliver on our commitments / promises.
- Our reputation is your responsibility.
TOGETHER… WE CAN DO MORE.
- One Cubby all equally important.
- Through collaboration we will find the solution.
- Using aspiration and hard work, we will create a legacy.
To register your interest in becoming a Cubby Construction Apprentice, simply complete the application form below by Wednesday 6 March 2024.
Interviews will be arranged on an ad hoc basis, with employment set to start inline with the academic year, September 2024.
For more information, join us at the Taster Session on Tuesday 12 March 2024 or email email@example.com.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications. The remuneration package will be negotiable, depending on experience. Cubby Construction Ltd is an equal opportunities employer, so we welcome applications from any suitably qualified individual.