Connor’s military background has equipped him with a range of transferable skills that make him an invaluable addition to the Cubby team. These skills include:
- Time Management: Connor’s experience in the military has honed his ability to manage time effectively, ensuring projects are completed on schedule.
- Presentability: With an emphasis on discipline and professionalism, Connor brings a polished and presentable demeanour to his role.
- Supervision & Leadership: His military service has instilled in him strong supervision and leadership skills, contributing to effective team dynamics.
- Health and Safety: Connor’s commitment to health and safety, instilled by the military, aligns seamlessly with the construction industry’s stringent onsite safety standards.
- Fitness: A physically demanding profession, construction benefits from individuals with the fitness levels developed in military service.
- Attention to Detail: Connor’s military background has ingrained in him a keen attention to detail, vital for quality work in construction and joinery.
- Teamwork: Having worked in collaborative military settings, Connor excels in teamwork, fostering a positive and productive work environment.
- Motivation: The ability to work independently and remain motivated is a testament to Connor’s military training, an asset in the construction field.
Connor Rawson’s journey from the Royal Engineers to Cubby is a shining example of the untapped potential that military veterans bring to the civilian workforce. At Cubby, we are proud to welcome Connor and look forward to harnessing his skills and experience as we continue to build a diverse and talented team. We believe that by embracing individuals like Connor, we not only enrich our workplace but also contribute to the broader goal of recognising and supporting our armed forces’ transition to civilian careers.