Civil Engineering Operatives
Do you have experience of civil operations? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment?
Established in 1968, you’ll be joining a company with proven success, clear goals, and a strong commitment to finding the best person for the job! As the successful Civil Engineering Operator, you’ll be responsible for performing a verity of practical tasks onsite from preparing ground ahead of building work to manual tasks whilst the project progresses. We’re looking for someone who is a team player willing to get their hands dirty.
- Preparing the ground for construction work.
- Helping to set out areas to be dug for foundations and drains.
- Preparing materials such as cement and plaster.
- Digging shallow trenches manually, trimming and squaring up trenches.
- Erecting and dismantling timbering used to support trenches.
- Laying drains and backfill trenches.
- Pipe laying.
- Install service ducting.
- Erecting and taking down formwork.
- Pouring concrete for foundations, walls, beams and floors.
- Setting up and dismantling access equipment, including ladders and some scaffolding.
- Transporting, stacking, and removing tools, equipment and materials.
- Be able to work from drawings, plans and verbal instructions.
- Hard landscaping tasks e.g. kerb laying and paving
- General ad hoc duties.
- Experience of groundworks, drainage, roadworks, shuttering and concreting;
- Streetworks is preferable but not essential;
- Confined Spaces is preferable but not essential;
- Driving licence and Plant licences.
Can you embrace our core values: Rise to the challenge, Do the right thing, Be accountable and Together…. we can dop more. If so, we would love to hear from you! Apply below now or email your CV, along with a covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications. The remuneration package will be negotiable, depending on experience. Cubby Construction Ltd is an equal opportunities employer, so we welcome applications from any suitably qualified individual.