Do you have extensive experience planning and managing all aspects of construction projects? Are you adaptable and able to work on a variety of projects?
Established in 1968, you’ll be joining a company with proven success, clear goals, and a strong commitment to finding the best person for the job! As the successful Project Manager you will be responsible for delivering projects on time, to budget and to give regular feedback on performance information to the business.
The ideal candidate will have significant technical expertise and knowledge of projects and operations. Excellent communication skills, to effectively communicate with clients, architects, procurement, site supervisors and other members of the team.
In return, we offer a dynamic and supportive working environment with opportunities for continued professional development and excellent benefits.
- Contribute effectively to the pre-construction stage at project meetings;
- Liaise with designers, contracts managers, QS, SHEQ team and others to ensure that suitable and sufficient planning has been undertaken;
- Circulate information and communicate with others to ensure understanding and buy-in to quality and safety standards;
- Prepare and brief to operatives detailed methodologies for more complex or site-specific tasks;
- Manage and deliver project on budget;
- Manage and deliver project on time and to phased deadlines if applicable;
- Liaise with Client, Designers, Principle Designer, Principal Contractor, Subcontractors and Workers as required with regard to CDM duties and obligations;
- Hold regular project meetings with project team;
- Hold regular site meetings with site team and subcontractors;
- Write site-specific induction;
- Write project-specific Construction Phase Plan, with support from SHEQ team;
- Ensure that all statutory documentation, inspections and training records are available and up to date;
- Prepare detailed project reports for Contracts Manager or Head of Department to allow reporting to SMT and business as required;
- Source, liaise with and procure materials and services from suppliers as required;
- Provide information and documentation to project QS as required;
- Obtain Permits and Licences from the relevant authorities;
- Determine and manage resources (Personnel, materials, equipment) from start to finish within budgetary requirements and parameters;
- Hire contractors and allocate responsibilities;
- Identify and set expectations for SHEQ standards for the project to all visitors, contractors and employees using induction, briefings, toolbox talks, alerts and general awareness campaigns;
- Monitor and manage SHEQ compliance;
- Performance manage site-based project staff;
- To handover safety file documentation to Principal Designer;
- Liaise with and manage Client arrangements at handover.
- Have significant technical expertise and knowledge of projects and operations;
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles;
- Be a self-starter with a strong work ethic;
- Be commercially aware;
- Be flexible and resilient to meet the needs to the business;
- Have a collaborative approach to management and problem solving;
- Ensure that communication between all parties is open and honest;
- Demonstrate and encourage a no-blame culture to ensure review and continuous improvement;
- Understand, demonstrate and buy in to the Cubby values of Quality, Sustainable, Responsive and Pride;
- Demonstrate the highest standards of professionalism and customer service when representing the business;
- Maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues, suppliers, sub-contractors and Clients;
- Undertake people management duties for all line-managed subordinates;
- Provide senior accountability for all allocated projects;
- Be willing and agile in order to maximise opportunities and speedy response as required.
In return, we offer a dynamic and supportive working environment with opportunities for continued professional development. Excellent benefits include: 24 days annual leave; Personal Pension Scheme; Access to Medical Health Plan; Life assurance cover; and the opportunity to work flexibly.
Can you embrace our core values: Rise to the challenge, Do the right thing, Be accountable and Together…. we can do more. If so, we would love to hear from you! Apply below now or email your CV, along with a covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications. The remuneration package will be negotiable, depending on experience. Cubby Construction Ltd is an equal opportunities employer, so we welcome applications from any suitably qualified individual.