Business Administration Apprentice
We’re looking for enthusiastic team players with excellent communication skills to join our busy admin team.
You’ll gain hands on experience on a range of live sites, with mentoring from experienced trades people and support from across the whole business.
Our apprenticeships are full-time positions, with day release at college to work towards gaining your National Vocational Qualification (NVQ), enabling you to master your trade.
Apprenticeships are open to anyone who is aged 16 or over. There is no upper age limit for becoming an apprentice. If you’re just starting out or you’d like to start a new chapter in your working life, we can help you.
- Earn a competitive salary while your training is paid for
- Further opportunity for apprentices to continue into employment after their apprenticeship
- Increase your earning potential
- Develop the skills to move your career forward
- Responsible for the preparation of building manuals
- Distribute drawings to site and update drawing registers
- Cover the booking of accommodation for staff as required
- Provide Project Administration support
- Provide cover and support to Reception including but not limited to:
- Welcoming visitors to Cubby Construction ensuring they are comfortable and Covid safe
- Ensure all contact messages from visitors reach the right person at the right time
- Answer the telephone for Cubby Construction and Finalysons within 3 rings. If call cannot be transferred taking accurate messages, passing on information as appropriate and in a timely manner
- Undertake reception preparation with regard to COVID controls e.g. wipe door handles, prepare meeting rooms, etc, as required
- Franking and dispatching of outgoing mail
- Sorting and distributing incoming mail
- Ensuring office lockups
- Assist with general office administration across Cubby Construction including holiday cover for other Admin team members
- Provide support to the SHEQ team by:
- Maintaining and updating accident log / statistics
- Assist with the disruption of memos, alerts, toolbox talks
- Assist and Prepare Method Statements, Risk Assessments and COSHH Schedules for live jobs.
In return, we offer a dynamic and supportive working environment with opportunities for continued professional development. Excellent benefits include: 24 days annual leave; Personal Pension Scheme; Access to Medical Health Plan; Life assurance cover; and the opportunity to work flexibly.
Can you embrace our core values: Rise to the challenge, Do the right thing, Be accountable and Together…. we can do more. If so, we would love to hear from you! Apply below now or email your CV, along with a covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications. The remuneration package will be negotiable, depending on experience. Cubby Construction Ltd is an equal opportunities employer, so we welcome applications from any suitably qualified individual.