Site Supervisors / Forman
Do you have experience of supervising a small Civils or Construction team?
Established in 1968, you’ll be joining a company with proven success, clear goals, and a strong commitment to finding the best person for the job! As the successful Site Supervisor you will be responsible for co-ordinating and supervising the work within your own gang or on a smaller or less complex site, ensuring that all work is carried out safely and to programme. From briefing method statements to the team, carrying out checks on plant and equipment to ensuring permits are in place.
- Operate and promote safe working within gang or team;
- Ensure all works are carried out in line with approved method statements and that they have been briefed to gang and understood;
- Discuss any changes or amendments to method statements with site manager;
- Carry out checks on all plant and equipment;
- Ensure a safe place of work;
- Forward plan work activities;
- Lead by example to others on site;
- Ensure supervision of the gang at all times;
- Ensure our people work to the Cubby Construction values of Quality, Pride, Sustainable and Responsive and respect the public and their surroundings at all times;
- Don’t leave gang unsupervised, if the need to leave arises, stop the work and contact the Site Manager;
- Ensure the completion of works is on time;
- Implement best practice procedures within the gang;
- Share, support, mentor and pass on knowledge to others;
- Understand the team’s strengths and weaknesses;
- Ensure all permits are in place and signed before work commences;
- Forward plan on equipment and material needs;
- Communicate with site manager regarding equipment and materials requirements at an early stage;
- Feed back to site management on any plant no longer required;
- Ensure a safe system of work is used on unloading of any plant or materials;
- Stop work if any unanticipated hazard, task or situation arises;
- Report immediately any accident, unsafe condition, incident or near miss to the site manager;
- Develop strong relationships with other members of the gang to ensure their wellbeing, productivity and effectiveness;
- Adopt and require of other members of the gang Right First Time work ethic to reduce snags;
- Manage materials, tools, PPE, equipment, time and waste to minimise inefficiency, waste and losses;
- Liaise with the site manager on delivery of the tasks and ways where time and cost savings might be made without compromising on safety or quality;
- Liaise frequently with site manager on performance, productivity, budget and programme targets and future resource requirements to ensure effective delivery.
- Be a self-starter with a strong work ethic;
- Be commercially aware;
- Be flexible and resilient to meet the needs to the business;
- Have a collaborative approach to management and problem solving;
- Ensure that communication between all parties is open and honest;
- Demonstrate and encourage a no-blame culture to ensure review and continuous improvement;
- Understand, demonstrate and buy in to the Cubby values of Quality, Sustainable, Responsive and Pride;
- Demonstrate the highest standards of professionalism and customer service when representing the business;
- Maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues, suppliers, sub-contractors and Clients;
- Provide senior accountability for all allocated projects;
- Be willing and agile in order to maximise opportunities and speedy response as required.
In return, we offer a dynamic and supportive working environment with opportunities for continued professional development. Excellent benefits include: 24 days annual leave; Personal Pension Scheme; Access to Medical Health Plan; Life assurance cover; and the opportunity to work flexibly.
Can you embrace our core values: Rise to the challenge, Do the right thing, Be accountable and Together…. we can do more. If so, we would love to hear from you! Apply below now or email your CV, along with a covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications. The remuneration package will be negotiable, depending on experience. Cubby Construction Ltd is an equal opportunities employer, so we welcome applications from any suitably qualified individual.