Management Accountant or Financial Accountant
Can you prepare and present financial reports to the senior leadership team in a timely manor?
Established in 1968, you’ll be joining a family business with proven success, clear goals, and a strong commitment to finding the right person for the right seat.
As the successful Management Accountant / Financial Accountant you’ll complete bookkeeping and accounting assignments for all companies within the Cubby Construction Limited group, with a specific focus on the production of management accounts packs. Provide guidance to other members of the finance team and ensure financial compliance.
- To complete bookkeeping and accounting assignments for all companies within the Cubby Construction Limited group with specific focus on the production of management accounts packs by preparing and completing balance sheet reconciliations to production of commentary and monthly accounts.
- To ensure fast year end closure and submission of Statutory Accounts by provision of accurate information to external Auditors.
- Ensure compliance with HMRC for VAT, CIS, PAYE and Corporation Tax
- Development of Sage 50 and Eque2 to ensure efficient processing and systems used to full capabilities
- Develop and maintain Finance Team processes to ensure that they are maintained and review for effective and fast processing, are compliant with ISO 9001
- Supervision of Finance team supporting the functions including Banking, Payroll, Credit Control, and Accounts Payable.
To carry out other related activities as directed by the Head of Finance or Leadership Team
- Preparing monthly financial statements (management accounts), including profit and loss accounts, periodic budgets, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries by week 2 each month by :
- Preparation and review of accounting entries for input to the management accounts including Capex and Depreciation, Accruals & Prepayments, Loan and HP calculations and completion of Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Correctly recognising and balancing intercompany accounts
- Providing reporting for cost centres
- Developing and improving the accuracy of cash flow forecasting
Preparing, monitoring, and reporting budgets and financial forecasts and working with the departmental managers to ensure that spend is kept in line
- Reviewing and maintaining labour rates used in estimating and projects
- Supporting and supervising the Finance team
- Provide task cover within the department when other team members are away
- Completion and review VAT returns and fully reconcile VAT accounts for sign off by Head of Finance. Once signed off, submit VAT returns in accordance with HMRC deadlines and ensure that the business is not exposed to any enquiries or penalties.
- Providing a support service by working with all departments to help make financial decisions and other external audits for non financial managers including QS, SHEQ, Commercial Manager.
- Minimum AAT qualified
- 2 years minimum construction industry
- Strong Microsoft skills, medium/advanced level Excel
- Sage 50 Cloud
- Eque2 or similar construction software
- Demonstrating understanding of double entry bookkeeping and accounting standards when posting entries and resolving problems
In return, we offer a dynamic and supportive working environment with opportunities for continued professional development. Excellent benefits include: Competitive Salary; 24 days Annual Leave; Personal Pension Scheme; Access to Medical Health Plan; Life Assurance Cover; and the opportunity for Flexible Working.
Can you embrace our core values: Rise to the challenge, Do the right thing, Be accountable and Together…. we can do more. If so, we would love to hear from you! Apply below now or email your CV, along with a covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications. The remuneration package will be negotiable, depending on experience. Cubby Construction Ltd is an equal opportunities employer, so we welcome applications from any suitably qualified individual.