Civil Engineering Apprentice
Are you an enthusiastic team player? Do you want a career with full training, support and development? Do you want to join a growing business that invests in its people?
We have an exciting opportunity for Civil Engineering Apprentice to join our team Construction team. There has never been a better time to join!
Based in our Carlisle head office, you will be joining our Civil Engineers, to add support across all areas of the team. This is a hands-on role, where you’ll be involved in a range of practical tasks on a construction site, including preparing ground ahead of building work taking place, and carrying out manual work whilst a project is in progress. You will be provided with extensive on the job training and will be fully supported as you study for your NVQ Level 2 Groundworker.
- Preparing the ground for construction work.
- Helping to set out areas to be dug for foundations and drains.
- Preparing materials such as cement and plaster.
- Digging shallow trenches manually, trimming and squaring up trenches.
- Erecting and dismantling timbering used to support trenches.
- Laying drains and backfill trenches.
- Install service ducting.
- Erecting and taking down formwork.
- Pouring concrete for foundations, walls, beams, and floors.
- Setting up and dismantling access equipment, including ladders and some scaffolding.
- Transporting, stacking, and removing tools, equipment, and materials.
- Be able to work from drawings, plans and verbal instructions.
- Hard landscaping tasks e.g. kerb laying and paving
- General ad hoc duties.
- Organised and good attention to detail;
- Good work ethic with the ability to work as part of a team;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Enthusiastic and motivated;
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment;
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks;
- Professional attitude and appearance;
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise;
- Being able to work flexibly
Please go to the Institute of Apprenticeships website for further detail on the standard and assessment
You’ll gain hands on experience on a range of live sites, with mentoring from trade professionals and support from across the whole business.
This is a full-time position, with day release to your chosen learning provider for example Lakes College. Helping you work towards gaining your nationally recognised qualification. Enabling you to master the Civil Engineering and groundworks.
We provide you with technical expertise, professional skills, and ongoing support to be the best that you can be!
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Take pride in the work that you do.
- IT Competency and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Organised, methodical with excellent attention to detail.
- Good Communication, interpersonal skills, and telephone manner.
Established in 1968, Cubby Construction is a family run, award-winning company that after decades of operation, has become a leading name. Specialising in construction, civil engineering, joinery manufacture and home building, Cubby is financially secure with a wide variety of public, private and third sector client.
Our track record for delivering on time and to budget, safely and reliably, embrace to projects others shy away from has meant repeat business from our clients.
CAN YOU EMBRACE OUR CORE VALUES TO;
RISE TO THE CHALLENGE.
- Exceed both our and customer expectations.
- Continued improvement making weakness into strength.
- Innovative use of new and old to give robust solutions.
DO THE RIGHT THING.
- In all things be safe.
- Act with respect and integrity.
- Fight hard but fair for the greater good.
- Own your choices and actions.
- Deliver on our commitments / promises.
- Our reputation is your responsibility.
TOGETHER… WE CAN DO MORE.
- One Cubby all equally important.
- Through collaboration we will find the solution.
- Using aspiration and hard work, we will create a legacy.
To register your interest in becoming a Cubby Construction Apprentice, simply complete the application form below by Wednesday 6 March 2024.
Interviews will be arranged on an ad hoc basis, with employment set to start inline with the academic year, September 2024.
For more information, join us at the Taster Session on Tuesday 12 March 2024 or email email@example.com.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications. The remuneration package will be negotiable, depending on experience. Cubby Construction Ltd is an equal opportunities employer, so we welcome applications from any suitably qualified individual.