Senior Quantity Surveyor
Are you an experienced Quantity Surveyor in construction or other highly regulated environment?
Established in 1968, you’ll be joining a company with proven success, clear goals, and a strong commitment to finding the best person for the job! As the successful Senior Quantity Surveyor you’ll support our commercial team in the effective and profitable delivery of projects including subcontract procurement, site measures, weekly and monthly P&Ls, budget analysis, raising and agreement of Early Warning Notices, variations and compensation events and general commercial administration of the projects.
Typically responsible for more complex, high profile, high value projects for specific clients or where complications are likely or where there is an increased business risk. Will have significant and broad experience in this role on similar projects.
Develop and maintain beneficial and collaborative relationships with all stakeholders and colleagues.
- Prepare monthly WIP analysis, CVRs and cash flow control and reporting as required by Commercial Manager and Financial Controller
- Engage with subcontractors to secure and agree profitable and contractually robust orders and agreements.
- Review and prepare contracts for signature by Director
- Manage, monitor and assess (in conjunction with Contracts Managers) subcontractor performance and competency.
- Preserve tender margins when procuring materials or subcontractors
- Administer all commercial aspects of the projects in accordance with contract particulars to maximise financial gains and effective recovery of costs and monies
- Prepare and agree applications for payment and final accounts with clients
- Assess, manage and process subcontractor payments.
- Produce dashboard reports to reflect key commercial areas for each project
- Advise senior managers on areas of risk within projects.
- Support project teams with evidence-based information and decisions
- Attend project meetings and represent the contracts, commercial or project manager in their absence
- Follow internal commercial procedures
- Attend site meetings
- Ensure liabilities and accruals are recorded for each project
- Mitigate through Early Warning Notices against time and cost impacts and Compensation Events
- Issue formal variation quotations
- Securely, track and record all variations and other potential gains
- Oversee supplier accounts for the projects and be first point of contact for enquiries and application queries
- Maintain personal knowledge on contract and other relevant legislation
- Undertake cost management exercises and time motion studies
- Address site issues, claims and disputes
- Support estimators as required or requested
- Proactively seek and improve internal commercial processes to find efficiencies and remain relevant and current
- Mentor and guide internal trainees, students and apprentices to assist with their development.
- Maintain personal knowledge in relation to contract law and good practice.
- Previous Proven track record of experience in the construction industry preferably with a Contractor
- Hold HND/degree (or equivalent) or time spent in Quantity Surveying
- Strong contracts experience and working knowledge.
- Confident with all Microsoft office packages
- Experience in Eque2 Construct desirable but not essential
- Full UK driving licence
- Experience in subcontractor management
- Strong numeracy and financial knowledge
- Awareness of relevant health, safety and environmental legislation
Personal & Behavioural Skills
- Team player with collaborative approach
- Confident influencer who excels at negotiating
- Flexible, committed, ambitious
- Professional and motivated to progress your career
- A great communicator, comfortable at working and developing relationships at all levels and with clients and colleagues alike
- Methodical analytical problem-solver
- Understand and identify with the Cubby Values of Pride, Quality, Sustainable and Responsive
In return, we offer a dynamic and supportive working environment with opportunities for continued professional development. Excellent benefits include: Competitive Salary; 24 days Annual Leave; Personal Pension Scheme; Access to Medical Health Plan; Life Assurance Cover; and the opportunity for Flexible Working.
Can you embrace our core values: Rise to the challenge, Do the right thing, Be accountable and Together…. we can do more. If so, we would love to hear from you! Apply below now or email your CV, along with a covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications. The remuneration package will be negotiable, depending on experience. Cubby Construction Ltd is an equal opportunities employer, so we welcome applications from any suitably qualified individual.